How to Change Windows keyboard layout
Changing the keyboard layout of your keyboard on a Windows based machine is pretty simple, this guide will help you install and help you switch between them.
Installing a new layout for your Windows device:
- Open Settings.
- Click on "Time & Language".
- Click on "Language" in the sidebar.
- Select your default language from the list and then click its options button.
- Under the "Keyboards" section, click the Add a keyboard button.
- Select the new keyboard layout that you want to add.
- Once you complete the steps, the new layout will be installed on your device, and you can start using it with the steps below.
(To remove a layout, simply click on the layout, and click remove, this will delete it from your device)
Switching between the layouts on your windows 10 device:
Slight disclaimer: Changing the keyboard layout will reconfigure the actions of the keyboard keys, which means that depending on your settings, the keys on the keyboard may output a different character on the screen.
- Click the keyboard layout out button on the notification area of the taskbar
- Select the layout that you want to use (You can also use the Windows key + Spacebar keyboard shortcut to quickly change between the available keyboard layouts).